ON MY NEEDLES
*MOMM ART JOURNAL COVER
Remember Monday’s post about this journal cover? If you don’t, you can refresh your memory here. It’s made more than a little progress since then –
I added more layers today. Here’s a list, in order of appearance:
2. Light violet acrylic paint brushed on
3. Anna’s Acrylic Craft Paint, Heather, sponged on
4. Anna’s Acrylic Craft Paint, Royal Fuchsia, sponged on
5. Black acrylic paint, randomly applied with my finger
6. White acrylic paint, randomly applied with my finger
7. Green acrylic paint, randomly applied with finger, which immediately turned into some totally disgusting urine yellow color
8. Book paper torn into scraps and applied with matte medium to cover as much of the above mentioned yellow color as possible and allowed to dry
9. Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, dabbed and blended
10. Distress Ink in Seedless Preserves, dabbed and blended
11. Stencils, iridescent white acrylic paint
12. Stencils, iridescent pink acrylic paint
13. Stencils, iridescent green paint
If not otherwise specified, all acrylic paint is Artist’s Touch, from Hobby Lobby.
Stay tuned – more layers to follow!
I finished a great book yesterday, Family Pictures by Jane Green, good enough to keep me reading for most of two days. No spoilers here, sorry. Bigmommy loaned me one during our visit last week, Jodi Picoult’s The Storyteller. I don’t usually read her books, I don’t enjoy the kid with the disease of the week stories, even with happy endings, but this one has a Holocaust storyline, switching back and forth between past and present voices, more like historical fiction and I’m enjoying it very much. Check these two out if they sound like they might be your cup of tea.
PLEASE, PLEASE MEME (sorry, overcome by Beatles lyrics for a second)
I’ve started a new Wednesday meme, Whatcha Workin’ On? Wednesday, open to all artists/crafters and I’d love for you to add your link below to spread the craftlove. All I ask is that you link back here to further spread the sunshine. Just one more thing – If Mr.Linky isn’t working, please let me know. Thanks!
*My Own Mixed Media
It’s a funny thing about life. If you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it. William Somerset Maugham